Guwahati News Desk: The Deputy Commissioner of Police has issued a notification on Wednesday regarding the diversion and restriction on the movement of vehicles in connection with visit of the President of India Ram Nath Kovind to Guwahati City on February 25 and 26.
The following notification are as follows:
1) No commercial good carrying vehicles of 4 wheels and above shall be allowed to ply on NH 27 and NH 17 falling under Guwahati Metropolitan City from 6 am to 10 am on February 25 and 5 am to 12:30 pm on February 26.
2) No commercial goods carrying vehicles (small/medium/heavy) shall ply at AT Road, MG Road, FC Road, Taybullah Road, GNB Road, B. Baruah Road, GS Road and Panjabari road from 7 am to 9 pm on February 25 during the visit of the President.
3) The ASTC undertaking buses coming from lower Assam side to Machkhowa and Paltan Bazar will not be allowed to enter from Jalukbari February 25 and will be diverted to ISBT.
4) The Pilgrims are advised to use the newly constructed road from Pandu temple ghat, Pandu to Kamakhya temple instead of the main Kamakhya Temple road from 6:30 am to 2 pm on February 25.
5) Certain restrictions will be in place on the following roads at given timing except for emergency travel. Citizens are requested to make movement plan accordingly.
(a) From Airport to the Kamakhya gate from 11:20 am to 12:15 pm.
(b) From Kamakhya gate to Koinadhora via MG Road, B Baruah Road, GS Road from 12:30 am to 1:40 am.
(c) Again in the evening GS Road (Khanapara to Six Mile) and Panjabari road from 5 pm to 6:45 pm.