Bhaswati Das: The Beetroot Carrot Soup which is said to be a healthy recipe as it can be easily cooked at home. So let’s start to taste the homemade style of Beetroot Carrot Soup
1. Beetroot : 1.5 cup, chopped.
2. Carrot : 1 chopped.
3. Tomato : 1 chopped.
4. Shallots (small onion) : 2, cut in half.
5. Garlic : 2 cloves.
6. Ginger : 1 inch.
7. Bay leaf : 1.
8. Butter : 1 Tsp.
9. Salt : to taste.
10. Water : 2 cups.
11. Pepper : 1tsp (crushed).
12. Cream : 1tsp (for garnish).
13. Mint leaf : 1 (for garnish).
1. Heat up the pressure cooker with butter, then add bay leaf.
2. When it turns aromatic, now add garlic, ginger and shallots.
3. Mix all and Saute for 2mins.
4. Now add beetroot, carrot and tomato.
5. Saute for 2mins, then add salt and water.
6. Now mix it all.
7. Cover the pressure cooker lid, and wait for it till 4 whistles. The vegetables should be well cooked.
8. Now drain off the vegetables, and remove the bay leaf.
9. Blend all the vegetables smoothly till it become smooth paste.
10. Now take a pan, heat it up and add the vegetable paste, then add the remaining vegetable stock.
11. Now mix the paste and the stock till it become silky smooth consistency.
12. Lastly now add crushed pepper. Mix and boil for a min.
13. Now garnish the soup with cream (drizzle it ) and mint leaf.
P.S : Have it with Bread Stick or Bread Toast.
Photo | Representative Image