Guwahati News Desk: Cabinet Meeting took place on Wednesday under the Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma to implement key decisions in the State.
Here are the key decisions taken at the Cabinet meeting:
1) From now onwards, the state anthem ‘O Mur Apunar Dekh’ will be played at the beginning of all government programmes, meetings etc while national anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana’ will be played at the end.
– Only hand woven ‘gamosa’ of state’s weavers will be used from now onwards in the government programmes.
– Only traditional food items like pitha etc will be served in the government programmes from now onwards.
2) Deshbhakta Tarun Ram Phukan’s death anniversary on July 28 will be observed every year as Desh Bhakti Divas. Information and Public Relations Dept will organise various activities in the districts and sub-divisions to mark the occasion.
3) Death anniversary of Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi on August 5 will be observed every year as Karmachari Divas. 5 Non-gazetted employees of the State Government at district level and 10 at state level will be awarded on Karmachari Divas based on their performances. Award winning employees will get one-year extension in their service.
4) Guardian Ministers and guardian secretaries, in charge of those districts where containment zones have been declared, will travel to their respective districts and stay there for 3 days to monitor and oversee the situation.
5) Validity of TET certificates will be extended to lifetime. However, candidates will be allowed betterment in TET examination and the upper age limit will apply in the recruitment.
Photo | Representative Image