Guwahati News Desk: Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced guidelines for safe celebration of the upcoming Durga Puja in the state today.
The set of guidelines issued are:
- The puja commitees will have to conduct the puja in open pandals.
- No cultural functions or competitions will be allowed during or before puja.
- Resturants will have to be closed by 9 pm, only takeaways allowed.
- The main commitee and the priest will mandatorily have to do covid test on Panchami.
- All members of the commitee will have to do covid test after idol immersion.
- Only 50 persons will be allowed in the pandal at a time.
- The committee will have to be sure that the people should enter the pandal with proper hand sanitization and mask.
- Only ladies and children below 15 are allowed for pillion riding during puja.
- The committees will have to ensure that there should be two gates in the pandals for Entry & Exit.