Guwahati News Desk: International flights from the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport (LGBI) in Guwahati to six international destinations will resume soon.
The six destinations where international flights from the Guwahati airport will resume are Bangkok, Singapore, Dhaka, Yangon, Kathmandu and Kuala Lumpur.
The aforesaid destinations were earlier introduced under the UDAN scheme. However, these were discontinued due to insufficient passengers and later due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Assam Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary said that the flights had to be closed down because of the losses incurred due to insufficient passengers.
“This time there will be no such discontinuation of international flights even if there are not enough passengers as the Government will be paying for the vacant seats under ‘Viability Gap Funding’. 90 percent of the amount will be paid by the Centre and the remaining 10 percent by the State Government,” he said.