Guwahati News Desk: A massive fire broke out at Chowk Bazar in Tezpur on early Sunday at around 12:30 am.
Soon after the incident, fire tenders and rescue team immediately rushed on the spot to control the situation but could not able to make it done.
According to the sources, huge damage was reported as the majority of shops were guttered into the fire.
It is said to be one of the biggest fire disasters in Tezpur. The fire was suspected to take place due to a short circuit.
While speaking to a local resident about the incident he said, “As the night curfew prevails in Tezpur due to the COVID-19 pandemic no one was seen outside at the time of the incident to inform anyone during the time of fire. This is why the fire possibly spread quickly and created a heavy loss.”
Chowk Bazar is the oldest and the biggest shopping place in Tezpur town.
Photo | Rupunjoy Nath