Guwahati News Desk: World Sight Day is observed on every second Thursday of October each year. The theme for World Sight Day 2020 is ‘Hope in Sight’.
Nowadays many people are suffering from eye diseases and low eye sight and believe that failing eyesight is an inevitable result of aging or eye strain but a healthy lifestyle can significantly reduce the risk of eye problem.
So, here are some nutrient-rich food for healthy eye sight:
- Fish are rich sources of Omega-3 acids which are beneficial to prevent reverse dry eye caused due to excess screen addiction.
- Nuts & Legumes, rich in Omega 3 fatty acid and vitamin C which can protect eye from age related damages.
- Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C that is recommended by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to fight age related damage.
- Leafy green vegetables rich in both lutein and zeaxanthin contains source of eye friendly vitamin C.
- Drinking plenty of water can hydrate eyes and lessen eye strain.
- Eggs yolks for vitamin A, lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc.