Guwahati News Desk: Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma attended the first-ever conference of Officers-in-Charge of Police Stations of Assam held in Guwahati on Monday.
During the press conference, CM Sarma briefed the key announcements.
1) All Officer-in-charge will be provided one vehicle each for their police stations. Motorcycles would be provided for police stations in difficult and inaccessible areas.
2) Three computers would be provided to all police stations for streamlining FIR filing and other activities.
3) Residential quarter would be built within premises of all police stations for one Officer-in-charge and three Sub-inspectors.
4) CID will train Officer-in-charge in preparing the charge sheet.
5) Health Department will conduct a health check- every 15 days for police personnel.
6) Police stations would receive an amount of Rs 2.5 lakh annually as a contingency fund apart from other allocations.
7) One power generator would be provided to each police station.
8) Ensure receipt of post mortem report by families at the earliest in traffic accident death cases, for hassle free insurance claims.
9) Progress on all these fronts shall be reviewed in another 6 months in a similar conference with OCs.
10) Range DIGs to ensure post mortem report collection expeditiously. Steps need to be taken to send samples for testing at forensic labs outside Assam to avoid any delay.
11) Police verifications for jobs, passports etc must be completed within 7 days, except in doubtful cases.
12) Urged Officer-in-Charge to perform their duties with diligence. Advised police personnel to adopt healthy lifestyle and deliver people friendly services.
13) Deal strictly with crimes against women. File chargesheet of all rape, murder, arms, drugs smuggling cases at the earliest.