Guwahati News Desk: Ahead of the upcoming Assam Assembly Elections 2021, Bharatiya Janata Party’s President JP Nadda launched the party’s manifesto ‘Vijay Sankalp’ of ‘ten commitments’ in Guwahati on Tuesday.
The party’s ten 10 Sankalp for Assam as follows:
1. Mission Brahmaputra: The new scientific approaches will adopt new technology and process to stop and reduce flood situation across the state which will be done starting from Dhubri to Sadiya to save livelihood.
2. Empowering Women of Assam: The Orunodoi Scheme which was recently launched by the government of Assam as Rs. 830 per month will be increased to Rs. 3000 per month as 30 lakh deserving families will be brought under the coverage of the scheme.
3. To strengthen and protect Satras and Namghars: The party will work to recover lands of Satras and worship places of the tribal communities as Rs. 2.5 lakh will be provided to strengthen Namghars.
4. A bright future for Assam’s Children: Free education will be provided to every child under the scheme of ‘Mission Bala Unnayan’ which will be made available in every state-run government institutions. Free bicycles will also be provided to every student from Class 8 onwards.
5. To protect Assam’s rights through revise NRC: The process of correction and reconciliation of entries under the SC mandated NRC will be initiated to protect the genuine Indian citizens by excluding all illegal immigrants.
6. Safeguard Assam’s political rights through Delimitation Exercise: The party has provided commitment to carry out a delimitation exercise to protect the political rights of the Assamese people as it was decided to launch ‘Assam Aahar Atmanirbharta Yojana’ which will be launched in the state towards self-sufficient in essential food items within the next 5 years.
7. Making Assam Atmanirbhar: Assam Aahar Atmanibharta Yojana to launch by deploying technology, financial and administrative incentives to steer Assam towards self-sufficiency in essential food items, especially fish, poultry, piggery, dairy and horticulture production.
8. To make Assam India’s fastest job creator: The party has mentioned to provided 2 lakh government jobs to the youth of Assam as 1 lakh jobs will be provided immediately before March 31, 2022, and also will enable to create of 8 lakh jobs in private sectors.
9. To Promote Further Entrepreneurship: The BJP party promote and enable youths to shine by providing them with the opportunity by pushing them to become stakeholders in building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
10. To empower Assam’s citizens with Land Rights: The party distribute land pattas to the landless Indian citizens as the party claims that it has provided lands rights to more than 3 lakh people across the state in the last 5 years.