Guwahati News Desk: Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Saram holds a meeting with the Cabinet Ministers at Janata Bhawan in Dispur on to point out some key decisions which was taken in the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
During the meeting the major points were rolled out are:
1) The Cabinet has decided to provide Asom Ratna Award which to be presented every year to the one person who has made a massive contribution to the society.
Cabinet also instituted Asom Bibhushan Award to be presented to 3 persons, Assam Bhushan to 5 persons and Asom Shree to 10 persons every year.
The awards will carry Rs 5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, Rs 2 lakh and Rs 1 lakh respectively with other benefits like providing free medical treatments of critical illness, free stay at Assam Bhawans including free travel in the ASTC buses etc.
2) Starting from this year a Literary Pension to be conferred in the name of litterateur Homen Borgohain on his birthday i.e December 7.
Sports Pension to be conferred in the name of Arjun Bhogeswar Barua on his birthday i.e September 3 and Artiste Award to be conferred on 17 January every year.
The all the awards will be announced 7 days prior to the presentation ceremony.
3) For smooth implementation of Batadrava the Cultural and Tourism Project, Cabinet approved allotment of additional land measuring 35 bigha 2 katha 2 lecha to the management committee.
The Cultural Minister Bimal Bora will visit and review the status of the project every month.
4) In a major administrative reform, Cabinet approved simplification of flood damage assessment and repairing of infrastructure as Deputy Commissioners (DC) are requested to authorised and take necessary measures in this regard within the timeframe of April 1 to October 31.
5) Cabinet recommended holding of 1st Budget Session of the present Assam Legislative Assembly from July 12.
6) In all government offices photographs of President, Prime Minister and 1st Chief Minister of Assam Gopinath Bordoloi to be displayed mandatory.
7) With a view to utilise 77 thousand bighas of government land freed from encroachers at Gorukhuti, Sipajhar in Darrang for agricultural purposes, a committee is formed under the chairmanship of MLA Padma Hazarika. MP Dilip Saikia, MLAs Mrinal Saikia and Dr Paramananda Rajbangshi will be other members of the committee while Secretary and Director Agriculture Vinod Seshan will act as Member Secretary.
8) In order to eliminate overloading by coal trucks passing through Assam, the Cabinet decided to check the weights of trucks at Digharkhal and Srirampur inter-state border gates.
The practice will continue on a pilot basis till March 31.
The whole process will be closely monitored by the Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma, Finance Minister Ajanta Neog and Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary.