Kanika Gupta, Singapore: Why opt for packaged food if you can cook something healthy yet pocket friendly. This breakfast recipe will surely save time this festive season.
• Rice-2 Cup
• Capsicum finely chopped-2 Tbsp
• Large Boiled Potatoes-2
• Baking Soda-1/4 Spoon
• Finely Chopped Ginger-1 Tsp
• Onions finely chopped-1/2 cup
• Kashmiri red chilli powder (or to taste)- 1 Tsp
• Green chillies finely chopped-2
• Chat masala powder-1/2 Tsp
• Turmeric powder-1/2 Tsp
• Coriander leaves finely chopped-1 Tbsp
• Salt per taste
• Oil- As required
• Pre-soak the rice for 4-5 hours.
• Take Mixi grinder and make a paste of rice by adding little water into it.
• Add boil potatoes into rice paste and grind them together.
• Once the batter is ready. Add all the ingredients and make a smooth flowing consistency.
• Add all the masala and mix everything well.
• Heat a griddle and apply some oil.
• Pour 1/2 tbsp of batter and spread it by moving the griddle.
• Don’t use spatula to spread the batter.
• Now cover it with lid and cook from both sides until crisp and golden brown.
Serve with favorite chutney.