Guwahati News Desk: The Assam Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma approves of reopening of schools and educational institutions from September 1 on Thursday.
The offline classes to reopen for Higher Secondary (HS) students, Under-graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) in Assam.
It was also announced that the government of Assam to release new SOP regarding the opening of schools and colleges soon.
Important key decisions taken in the Assam Cabinet are:
1) All the employees of education department will be vaccinated from August 27 which will continue till September 5.
2) The government of Assam to release new SOP on August 30 or August 31.
3) All the students of Class 10, Class 12 and final year student of graduation will also be vaccinated.
4) The hostel mates should need to take mandatory two doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
5) The birth anniversary of Bhogeswar Baruah to be celebrated as Sports Day in Assam.
6) The sports pension has been increased to Rs 10 thousand and sports person to receive one time assistance which has been increased to Rs 50 thousand.
7) All the sports personalities who had participated in the National, Asian and Olympics Games will be provided a persion of Rs 10 thousand for lifetime.
8) The GoA has renamed the Science and Technology department as Technology and Climate Change department.
9) The circle office of Public Works Department (PWD) will be increased from 5 to 13, division office will be increased from 17 to 37, sub-division office from 49 to 77 and new 804 technical posts will be created to look after the new offices.
10) The Nandita Saikia case will be judged in fast track court and will be investigated by Special DGP GP Singh.
Photo | Representative Image