Bhaswati Das: In this partial lockdown we all in our homes.
On normal days we used to go out, do our works, had our meals & crushed our servings by having our favourite foods.
But now it’s all the opposite so today I bring to you all Mumbai style Pav Bhaji. I hope you all like it and try it in your home too and have it with your family.
Mumbai style Pav Bhaji
1. Pav/ Bread roll (2)
2. Butter (1tsp)
1. (2 tbsp) butter.
2. (¼ cup) peas / matar.
3. (½ capsicum) (finely chopped).
4. (2 potatoes) (boiled & mashed).
5. (3 tomatoes)(finely chopped).
6. (1 tsp) salt.
7. (1 tsp + ¼ tsp) Kashmiri red chilli powder / Lal Mirch powder.
8. (¼ tsp) turmeric / Haldi.
9. (1½ tsp) pav bhaji masala.
10. (2 tsp) Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves.
11. (2 tbsp) coriander leaves (finely chopped).
12. (1 tsp) ginger-garlic paste.
13. 1 onion (finely chopped).
14. ½ lemon juice.
15. water to adjust consistency.
1. firstly, in a large Kadai heat butter and add tomato, peas, capsicum, boiled potato and salt(to taste). saute for 2 minutes.
2. Also, add ½ cup water and mix well.
3. Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Mashed the vegetables smoothly making sure there are no lumps.
5. Now add chilli powders, turmeric, pav bhaji masala, Kasuri methi and coriander leaves.
6. Saute for a minute making sure the spices are cooked well.
7. Stick the prepared vegetable mixture to the sides of the pan and create space at the centre of Kadai.
8. Heat a tbsp of butter and add ¼ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tsp Kasuri methi again.
9. Also add 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 onion and ½ lemon juice.
10. Saute well making sure the onions are cooked well.
11. Further, add ½ cup of water or as required adjusting consistency.
12. Boil and mash for 5 minutes or till pav bhaji turns smooth and silky in texture.
13. Now prepare the pav by heating 1tsp butter.
14. Now slit 2 pavs in the centre and roast with butter.
15. Roast both sides of the pav till they turn slightly warm and golden.
16. Finally, serve pav and bhaji as pav bhaji with some chopped onions, coriana der leaves, lemon and a spoonful of butter.