Guwahati News Desk: The government of Assam took some major key highlights held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma in Guwahati on Wednesday.
During the cabinet meeting many important point were focused and some of the major decision was taken for the well being of the State.
The major highlights of the cabinet meeting are:
1) A Police Commission will be constituted in a bid to strengthen the Assam Police force.
2) Government of Assam to come up with to fill up 15,000 vacancies for the numerous posts in the Assam Police which to be filled from September 1 onwards.
3) Five new Assam Police Battalions to come up.
4) The Printing and Stationery Department has been merged with the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
5) The Passport Department has been merged with the Home Department.
6) Sportsperson and athletic to receive a pension of Rs 10,000 per month for winning of National Games and Commonwealth Games. For sports pension, a list of 250 players has been prepared so far.
7) Grade I jobs to be offered to the winners of Olympics Games, Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.