Bhaswati Das: Potli Samosa is an Indian snack. It’s mouthwatering to have it.
1. Refined flour – 1 1/2 cups
2. Ghee – 2 tbsp
3. Oil – for deep frying
1. Potato – 1 cup
2. Green peas (crushed) – 1 cup
3. Onion (finely chopped) – 1
4. Oil – 2 tbsp
5. Salt – to taste
6. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
7. Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
8. Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped )
9. Grated processed cheese – 1/4 cup (optional)
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add onion and saute on high heat till softly brown. Now add the boiled potatoes, crushed green peas and salt. Mix and cook for 3- 4 mins.
2. Add the red chilli powder, garam masala powder to the above filling and mix. Saute for 2 mins. Now transfer this cooked filling to a plate.
Now add the chopped fresh coriander, mix and set aside to cool. Divide into 12 equal portions.
1. Sift the refined flour with salt. Add the ghee and enough water to make a stiff dough. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll into balls. Flatten each ball slightly and roll out into a small disc.
2. Place the disc in your palm, apply a little water all over, place a portion of the filling in the centre. Add the grated cheese. Plead the edges and gather folds together, twisting slightly to make a potli, tie with a piece of spring onion or banana leaves strings.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the potli, a few at a time, till golden. It’s done.
Serve hot with green chutney.