Guwahati News Desk: Key decisions were taken in the Cabinat meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday.
Here are the key decisions of the Cabinet meeting:
1. The Cabinet has decided to appoint Home Guard Borsing Bey as Constable in Assam Police after recovering drugs worth Rs 12 crore by refusing a huge bribe amount from drug peddlers.
2. As part of administrative reform, the Cabinet empowered the Deputy Commissioners to allot land for government institutions at rural areas on the basis of recommendations of Land Acquisition Committees. Accordingly, from now onwards no file on such matters is required to be sent by the Deputy Commissioners to the Revenue Department.
3. Regarding payment of compensation to the families of the victims of man-elephant conflict, the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF) cum Head of Forest Force (HoFF) is empowered to take decision as recommendation of the Divisional Forest Officer.
Accordingly, from now onwards no file on such matters is required to be sent by the PCCF to the Forest & Environment Department.
4. Regarding the acquisition of private land by oil companies like OIL, ONGC etc, the Cabinet decided that oil companies will have to pay the minimum amount of Rs. 12 lakh per bigha for land acquisition within a 10 km radius of the town. Similarly, for land acquisition outside a 10 km radius of the town, oil companies will have to pay a minimum of Rs. 10 lakh per bigha.
5. The Cabinet approved the incentives earlier announced for waiving micro-finance loan in Assam.