Sandeep Das, Food Columnist: Kacche Kele ki Tikki (raw banana cutlet) that can be savoured during the fasting season of Navaratri. Raw banana, apart from potatoes makes a great fasting ingredient both fat free and healthy. This delicate dish can be served as a snack with freshly made coriander peanuts chutney. The tikki recipe is amazingly easy and is just a 20 minute work in the kitchen!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 1 – Raw banana/Kachha Kela
- 1 Large – Potato/Aloo
- 1 tbsp – Roasted peanuts
- To Taste – Rock Salt/Kala Namak
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin Powder/Jeera powder
- 2 – Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp – Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp – Ghee/ clarified butter
- Boil raw bananas and potato until cooked or for 2 whistles, peel and mash.
- Add kala namak, pomegranate seeds powder, roasted cumin powder, green chili, coriander leaves and halved peanuts to mashed raw bananas and potato, mix everything to combine well and make smooth dough.
- Divide prepared dough in equal portions. Roll one portion in to smooth ball and flatten it.
- Heat ghee in a pan or tawa and place tikkis, don’t over crowd pan and keep some distance. Cook until both sides for 4-5 minutes each side in slow to medium flame until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with coriander peanut chutney.
Healthy, delicious tikki is ready to serve to make fasting a feast or enjoy during the tea time.
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/foodlovers332/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/Foodlovers332/