Bhaswati Das: Let’s cook Bhedai lota (skunk vine/ stink vine) with Noroxingho (curry leaves) jhool (curry).
Benefits of bhedai lota:
1. Leaves are useful for intestinal problems such as colic, abdominal pain, flatulence, cramps, rheumatism, gout and dysentery.
2. Plant decoction has anti-inflammatory properties against arthritis.
3. Stems and leaves are used for inflammation of urethra.
4. Use the leaves juice as a treatment for diarrhea in children.
Benefits of Noroxingho:
1. Curry Leaves Helps in Lowers Cholesterol Level.
2. Curry Leaves Boosts Digestion.
3. Curry Leaves Hastens hair growth.
4. Curry leaves are rich in carotenoid-containing vitamin A, thereby reducing the possibility of damage to the cornea.
How to cook bhedai lota aru Noroxingho r jhool
1. Bhedai lota leaves : one hand full.
2. Noroxingho leaves : one hand full.
(Blend this above leaves in a blender, to make juice out of it.)
3. Fresh local fish : 1/2 kg.
4. Salt : to taste.
5. Green chilli : 4 – 5.
6. Garlic : 5 cloves.
7. Mustard oil : 3 – 4 tbsp and half cup oil for frying.
8. Black pepper powder (optional) : 1/2 tsp.
1. In a frying pan, put Mustard oil, when it heat up put the fish pieces.
2. Fry it till cooked and slightly golden brown.
3. Now take kadai and put Mustard oil.
4. When the oil heat up, garlic cloves and green chilli.
5. Now put the above juices, now add salt.
6. Rest this curry to boil.
7. Now add the fried fish pieces.
8. Again cook for 5 mins.
9. Now curry is ready to eat.
Have this tasty herbal curry with rice.